This CNY holds a special meaning for me... It's the LAST year I'm getting ang baos from the elders! Yes, I'm getting married soon and next year, I would be giving out ang baos the the 'young' ones.
Like last year, we went to my Ah Ma's house in the morning. I saw some cousins that I have not seen for a long time and Wow! My little cousin has grown up and she's now taller than me! Met some of the elder cousins there... it's a rare chance for us to get together and so I seized the chance to announce my upcoming wedding to them... Too bad the bridal cakes and invitation cards are not ready yet...it would be good if I could distribute to them today!
Next, we went a few places to visit DC's relatives. At his cousin's place, DC's cousin's gf commented that I have lost some weight...Lately I received several similar comments from my friends...Hmmm...have I really lost the weight? But how come I felt fatter instead? Anyway, I do feel good after hearing that remark! :P At his aunt's place, we did a "Lo Hei" and feast on the superb cooked food. The finale for today's celebration was the cocktail and dessert that we had after dinner... the choc cake was the best that I've ever tasted
and the Gin Tonic was the most bland drink I've ever had. For the whole day I've been eating and drinking(to our fill)...
I won't be surprised to find myself still full tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment